Monday, November 19, 2007

Cabela's has arrived!!


So, Cabela's has finally opened in Lacey!! We tried to stay away through the weekend because so many people were there, but Sunday night we broke down and went to check it out. People came from all over and many traveled hundreds of miles. A little silly for a department store if you ask me, but to each there own. It was kinda funny watching people. I saw several people all decked out in their perfectly clean, unused hunting gear, as if it were the uniform to shop there. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that people go there before and after a hunting trip totally decked out, but come on. Ethan and I hid in the hunting blinds so that Derek couldn't see us, because we were camoflauged. Kinda fun. Then we went to the cafe and ate a buffalo burger. They had all sorts of different meats in their deli. Everything from buffalo to ostrich. I think there were at least 8-10 different kinds of meat that were not chicken, beef or pork. They have a boat shop inside the store with at least 10 different boats inside. I think I had the store built up a little bit in my mind having pretty much watched it get built, but all in all it is pretty impressive.

No comments: