Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day weekend at Salmon la Sac

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. I know we did. Every year a group of my friends go camping at Salmon La Sac and when we can we like to join them. This year, unfortunately, Derek had to work over the holiday weekend. I knew I couldn't drive the camper over and definately couldn't take the kids camping on my own all weekend long, so instead of going for the whole weekend we just went for one night. We had a blast. Of course I had my fancy new camera for the trip and so I got some absolutely gorgeous pictures of the kids. So, here are some pics of our trip...

My rockstar sis came with us. My friends are also her friends. Plus it was great to have her help.
The campsite is right on a river so we spend a lot of time climbing on wood piles and rocks. This is Ethan's walking stick he got at the Oregon coast in March.
Ethan thought it would be funny to dip his butt in the water.
This is my friend Ivy's little boy Bodhi. he thinks Ethan is too cool so he asked to go down to the river to play with us and they played awesome down at the edge of the river.
Another little girl brought this tricycle and Addie immediately found it and claimed it as her own.
Here is the one and only picture of me from the whole trip.
Ethan came up with some big plan to dig a hole and then eventually hide in it to scrae people. It was definately dirty but the kids spent hours entertaining themselves digging this hole.
Justin decided it would be fun to bring a pinata for the kids. It was great. We had a huge group of kids this year and they loved the pinata. It kept breaking without spilling candy but when the candy finally started coming out I thought it was never going to end.
The pinata became a hat after it had been beaten to death.
Addie couldn't quite get it figured out so Justin tried to help her but I think her head was just too little.Addie took possession of this dog. I love rottweilers and really wish we had one. They are such awesome kid dogs.
Here Addie and Clover were fighting over whose dog it was.
Addie had a very strange obsession with Jill's car.
Justin and Ethan did some BB gun shooting
Addie and Clover are only a few months apart and they always play well together.
A little bit before we left on Sunday I took the kids for a walk. There is a trail near the site that I had never really walked down. So we followed it along down to the water. It was just a nice little walk and some time for just the 3 of us to hang out although Ethan kept running off and hiding. Crazy kid. These are some of my favorite pics from the whole trip.
So, that was our trip to the other side of the mountains. We had a blast. I love that trip and wish we could have stayed longer and Derek could have been there. I hate it when he misses our adventures.

No comments: