Monday, April 28, 2008

Mount Vernon Tulip Festival

Yesterday I was online and reading a post on http://www.cafemom.com/ and saw a list of things to do over the weekend. One of the things listed was the Tulip Festival in Mount Vernon. I had never been but have always wanted to so I decided I should. Derek was tired since we had people over the night before so I packed up the kids and we headed out and up to Mount Vernon. It is about an hour and a half drive. I managed to talk my parents into meeting me there.

The fields were beautiful. There weren't as many as I thought there would be but they were still absolutely beautiful. Just acres and acres of tulips and daffodils. It turns out we were pretty lucky to see any daffodils since it is a little late in the season but we did see them. Ethan really liked running around in the fields. The kids were really cute looking at the tulips. So, I hope you enjoy the pictures of the kids and the pictures of the flowers. I love impromtu trips like this.

No comments: