Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our deck is done!!

Finally, after not quite a month the deck has been finished. Derek had lots of help to get a great start on it but then was still left with the rest of it to finish. I had promised my friend Julie we would have a BBQ (our Julie-Q) in July so last night we had it planned. Derek's dad helped him a ton when he came out with my mother-in-law. They got all the decking done. All that was left was the edge and some steps. Derek started cutting it close but Friday night he put on the very last board. So Saturday he did clean up and we had a great BBQ with some of our friends. I am always up for feeding my friends so we fed everyone good. Brats were the staple but for a treat we threw in some ribs, shrimp and some tri-tip. Darlene (my MIL) got me a subscription to "Taste of Home" I think it is called and they had a BBQ recipe for bacon wrapped shrimp kabobs. They had some fresh sage and were really good. I also made some homemade banana ice cream with brownies. We had very little food left over. Derek was bummed to not have a little more leftover, but it was great. If you couldn't make it, you definately missed how. So, here's some pictures of our completed deck with my parents sitting on it. Roy and Darlene...you need to come back so that we can have a party in your honor for making atrip out here to help with getting it done. :) I hope you are all having a great summer. I'll try and get more pics of the kids up soon. I'm such a slacker. Ciao.

No comments: