Tuesday, July 1, 2008

our deck

So, we have finally started building our deck. Here are a couple of phases. It is still not done but it is definately coming along. Our plans got seriously changed on Saturday. My Uncle Chuck died Saturday morning so all of our day was thrown off a bit. My dad, who was a big part of the deck building process, was not in the mood to be deck building. There was nothing else for us to do with the death in the family so we reorganized a little bit and made few calls and got some new people to come and help. It worked out really well and my family all came down to visit while I tried to keep the kids out of the way and keep myself distracted so that I wasn't paying attention to what was going on. It still has quite a bit of work to go but it is definately coming along and looking really great. It will be awesome when it is all done. We didn't get permission from the HOA so I'm just waiting for the evil letter to come about it. I knew HOAs could be difficult but this one is a serious pain in the butt. I agree with a lot of HOA stuff but sometimes it is way overboard. Anyway, here are some pics of the deck in progress.

Phase 1

Phase 2

No comments: