Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ethan's 1st TKD Belt test

Ethan had his very first belt testing last night for Taekwondo. It was so cool. I took a ton of pictures (although not as many as I would have if I'd had my nifty new camera) and some videos. I was so proud of him. He was amazingly focused most of the time and seemed to know what he was doing unless he started watching everyone else. I thought he would be much more all over the place than he was and he wasn't at all. Taekwondo has been really good for him and it was so fun to watch him learn and grow.

I don't have the videos uploaded to Youtube yet but as soon as I do I will update this post. Sorry about the earlier post. I hit enter and it went through. So here are some pics for you guys.

Stretching before the event. Can you believe he can do the splits? How crazy is that??
More stretching
Waiting for instructions
Kicks for the actual testing
Combative stuff. his partner was only 4 and was all over the place so Ethan was having a hard time doing his stuff but he was sure trying to get the kid focused.
Ethan broke his first board. He was so proud of himself.
Ethan getting his new belt and certificate
My crazy kid tied his old belt around all of his stuff.
Ethan holding his certificate and old belt while wearing his new belt.

Videos to come.

1 comment:

Laura McGee said...

WAY TO GO ETHAN!!! thats AMAZING!!!! so happy for you!! keep at it!