Monday, April 27, 2009

National Take Your Child to Work Day

So, last Thursday was National "Take your child to work day." The day before Derek and Ethan talked about it and Ethan understood that Derek was going to wake him up and take him in when he went in the next morning. All last week Derek had to weigh and measure people for the PT test and had to go in super early. I think he was dropping poor Addie off at 5:30ish daycare.

So the morning that Ethan was supposed to be going to work with him I was woke up at 5:00ish to Ethan sobbing absolutely hysterically. He cries sometimes but not like this. So I called to him to come into my room and then heard the front door shut. He tried to explain to me what was going on as he walked up the stairs but he was so upset he didn't make much sense. So he got into my room and climbed into my bed and told me through his tears that Daddy was supposed to wake him up and take him to work but he just left without him. I wasn't home the night before so i didn't know much about their plan. So apparently Ethan woke up when Derek was getting in his car and driving off so Ethan jumped out of his bed and flew down the stairs trying to catch him to go to work with him and Derek didn't see or hear him. So then Ethan tried crying louder hoping Derek would hear him with no luck. So when I heard him he was so upset. After I finally woke up a little bit we called Derek to find out what was going on. Derek's plan was to finish the measuring stuff then come back and get Ethan. So we reset the alarm and went back to sleep now that Ethan knew that he wasn't completely forgotten and deserted as he was thinking. It was so sad watching him feel so sad and hurt.

So, once we got up I got him dressed in his scrubs that we got him for when Addie was born and Derek came back and got him like he planned. They got all geared up and rode the motorcycle in. (I looked it up the other day and you only have to be 5 to ride on the back of a motorcycle. Yay!!) So Derek and Ethan got to hang out in the MRI department for half a day. Ethan loved it. Then they scanned Ethan's head so that he could see if there was anything in there. (Don't worry...MRI uses no radiation). He thought it was the coolest thing ever. So here are some pics from their day...Ethan could not keep his eyes open for a picture for nothing.

Ethan showing his dad how to sleep while working, I guess
Ethan can never resist an opportunity to be silly!!One of Derek's co-workers, Jenny, showing Ethan a little bit about MRI.
Ethan thinking about how cool it is to be there...or something like that

No comments: